.

Discount Golf Tee Times

Monday, January 09, 2006

A Funny Caddie

I don't know why I haven't put it up as a link sooner. The Reluctant Jam Boy is one of the funniest golf blogs out there. I really enjoy reading it. The self-proclaimed "Jam Boy" explains in his first post back when he became a caddie in March of '05:

"For those of you who don't know, a "Jam Boy" is--or was--an actual title at one point in history. In the early 1920s, when the wealthy went golfing, they hired two men. A caddy, and a "Jam Boy." The Jam Boy had one job: keep the mosquitoes away from the golfer. To do this, the Jam Boy would cover himself in jelly to attract the bugs. Sounds like an amazing job."

Having never used a caddie myself, this blog isn't just a fun read, but informative as well. While being entertained, I also get some insight as to what to expect when I do get the opportunity to have a caddie, and what they will expect of me as well.

The Jam Boy was recently promoted to Caddie Master and has a new angle for more funny stories in his foray into management. Keep up the good work, Jam Boy!

Next post.

No comments: